cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot scan from printer

Lorelli
Contributor

Hello

I have a MG8100.  I recently changed my computer to a Windows 10 machine.  I installed the driver from the disc and all the software.  Now I cannot scan from the printer - it says 'Set the PC'.  I can scan from the computer though.

can you tell me how to make it work please?

thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The latest MP Drivers and MP Navigator will have to be installed from our website.

Visit www.usa.canon.com and search for your MG8120 at the top of the page. 

Once there, you can download the MG8100 Series MP Driver and MP Navigator.

If you need additional assistance, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael

thanks for this.  I have updated as you suggest but I still cannot scan from the printer.  It stills says 'Set the PC'

Lorelli

Hi Lorelli,

Please open the MP Navigator EX on your computer and attempt to scan using this program.

Are you able to scan from the computer?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick

yes I can scan from the computer.  But before with Windows XP I could scan from the printer also.  I would still like to be able to do that.  It is designed to do that.

thanks.

Hi Lorelli,

You are correct, you can initiate a scan from your PIXMA MG8120.  The reason why I suggested that you attempt to scan from your computer was to determine if you were able to scan over your network.

Please check that the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility is set correctly:

1.  Click on Start, All Programs, Canon IJ Network Utilities, Canon IJ Network Scan Utility, Canon IJ Network Scan Utility to start that program.

2.  In the notification area of the taskbar (in the lower right hand corner), right click the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility icon and left click Settings.... .

3.  Place a checkmark next to Canon PIXMA MG8120 ser_XXXXXXXXXXXX.

4.  Click OK.

5.  Reboot your computer.  While your computer is restarting, turn your PIXMA MG8120 off and then back on.

You should be able to scan from the operators panel of your PIXMA MG8120 once the computer restarts.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Hi Patrick Thanks..just tried that. I clicked on Network Scan Utility and nothing came up. Double cliucked. again nothing.This is my menu:Untitled.png

Hi Lorelli,

The Network Scan Utility should be running in the background.  To access the program when running, please right cilck the Network Scan Utility icon in the System Tray, at the bottom right of your screen, next to the time and date display.

Hi Patrick

thanks.  Tried that and box was already checked.  Going to contact support now.

Announcements