cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 Scan issues Imageclass 4150

cleko
Contributor

Anyone found a solution for Windows 8 to get the scanning function to work with the Imageclass 4150? Cannon has been in a state of denial about the problem.

4 REPLIES 4

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi cleko,

It sounds like you have had some difficulty scanning.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience and can appreciate your frustration.  Scanning can be performed under Windows 8, however there are several possible causes that can interfere with doing so successfully, for example: TWAIN conflicts, how the driver was installed, connection type, Device Manager errors and OS conflicts with assorted devices to name a few. There are also several procedures that can be used to isolate and resolve these and other causes.

We will gladly take a look at your situation to help you scan.  Even if you have contacted us previously, please allow us to make sure that all avenues have been checked for you by clicking this link to Contact Us

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

RCJ
Enthusiast

Feel your pain. I never did get my 4150 to work with Windows 8 for scanning. So last week I bought an MF4880 (comparable new printer.) Worked great in WIndows 8 with the right drivers. then I made the mistake of upgrading to Windows 8.1, for which there are apparently no functional Canon drivers. So I'm back to where I started, except out a couple hundred more bucks. Canon's inability to keep up with drivers will make me look elsewhere next time.

On the sixth time speaking with Cannon support, they told me the problem may be that I have a manual switch box that let's two computers use the same printer. I did disconnect the switch box and reloaded the drivers and VIOLA it worked. But don't get too excited yet. As soon as I went back to the switch box, it stopped.

The other option is to downgrade to Windows 7, which did not have the issue. That is what I am considering doing right now.

cleko
Contributor

HERE IS AN UPDATE. HAD THE ISSUE AGAIN A FEW DAYS AGO AND SPOKE TO CANON TECH. PREVIOUSLY, THEY TOLD YOU TO TRY RELOADING THE DRIVERS. HOWEVER, THEY CLEARLY NOW BELIEVE IT IS A WINDOWS ISSUE. THE IMAGE ACQUISITION SOFTWARE IS FREEZING UP. RIGHT NOW THE FIX IS TO GO INTO CONTROL PANEL .> ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS > SERVICES> WINDOWS IMAGE ACQUISITION (WIA) > START AND LET IT TIME OUT > REBOOT COMPUTER. ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS IT WORKED FOR ME!

Announcements