cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will "google cloud print" work while connecting my Pixma 922 via mobile hotspot?

gvpleasant
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma922.  It is connected to the internet via mobile hotspot through my Samsung Galaxy S5.  The hotspot shows that the printer is connected but when I go to print, "google cloud print" shows that the printer is offline.  I also have my chromebook hooked up through the hotspot and it works fine.  I have strong 4g service so I don't think thats the issue.  Is mobile hotspot strong enough / good enough to use "google cloud print"?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi gvpleasant,

Because your PIXMA MX922 is connected to the hotspot, your PIXMA MX922 must be authenticated to use Google Cloud Print.  The authentication URL is printed when the authentication process is performed, so please ensure that A4 or Letter-sized plain paper is loaded in the printer.

To register your PIXMA MX922, please follow these steps:

1. Press Menu button and select Web service.

2. Select Web service setup, then press the OK button.

3. Use the up or down button to select Cloud settings, then press the OK button.

4. Select Google Cloud Print setup, then press the OK button.

5. Use the up or down button to select Register with Google Cloud Print, then press the OK button.

6. When the confirmation screen to register the machine is displayed, use the up or down button to select Yes, then press the OK button.

7. Use the button to select a display language on the print setting screen of Google Cloud Print, then press the OK button. The confirmation message to print the authentication URL is displayed.

8. Load Letter-sized plain paper.

9. Press the OK button. The authentication URL is printed.

10. Ensure that the authentication URL is printed, use the button to select Yes, then press the OK button.

11. Perform the authentication process using the web browser on the computer or the mobile device. Access to the URL using the web browser on the computer or the mobile device and perform the authentication process following the on-screen instructions. Note: Perform the authentication process with your Google account which you have gotten in advance.

12. When the message that the registration is complete is displayed on the LCD of the machine, press the OK button. When authentication process is complete properly, the registration items are displayed. When authentication process is complete, you can print the data with Google Cloud Print.

When authentication process is not complete properly and the error message is displayed, press the OK button. When the confirmation message to print the authentication URL is displayed, print the authentication URL, then perform the authentication process on the computer again.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

gvpleasant
Apprentice
Do I have to preform the authentication with the device through which the Internet connection is coming through (my cell phone)? I have already registered the printer with Google Cloud and the printer confirmed that the process was completed. However, I authenticated through a different Internet connection because it wasn't working on my "hotspot" originally.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements