cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When my MX882 prints at standard or fast settings, I get 1/4 inch striping (left to right).

Thumb1
Apprentice

The stripes appear to be caused by extra blue ink in the darker bands.  The head-test looked great with one possible clue that is not described in the manuals or forums (so far).  The top color block (C) is two tone blue, 50/50.  No known changes were made to the printer or the computers that have access.  What could cause this?  OR even more important, how do I clear it up.  Printing everything on high quality is expensive. 

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Thumb1!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny,
Good question, since it's a WiFi, it supports the house and that means I talks to XP, Vista, and 7. All see the same problem in the prints.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Thumb1,

Performing a print head alignment on the printer may improve the print quality you are experiencing.  To perform a print head alignment, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Performing the PIXMA MX882 Print Head Alignment

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Ramona,

Sorry to report, no improvement.  Man Sad

Maybe if I describe the symtoms better...  The striping appears to be alternating bands of darker and lighter print. Approx 1/4 wide (each) and consistant across the entire page.  When I print at the highest resolution (using more ink), these bands don't appear.  

Regards,

AT

Hello Thumb1,

What type of paper are you using? Does the issue occur when printing on plain paper?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements