cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technophobe needs help

niccirae
Apprentice

Hi All.  I work from an Acer C720 Chromebook and, 'on advice', I recently bought a Canon PIXMA MG3650 printer as I was told this was compatible with my Chromebook.  

I don't seem to be able to get the two connected either with a cable or wifi - with both methods, the printer doesn't pop up on my printer options.

Also, I have seen a couple of times 'register the printer with your network' but have absolutely no idea how to do this and there's nothing in the manual.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Nicci

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hi niccirae,

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA!

The PIXMA MG3650 isn't a model sold here in the US, however it should be awfully similar to the PIXMA MG3620. Most of our printers aren't directly compatible with Chromebooks, because there aren't printer drivers built-in to the Chromebook OS, however, the ability to connect the printer to your Google account and enable Google Cloud Printing is supported!

To do this, you will need a device other than your Chromebook to setup your printer and get it connected to your WiFi network. You can use another computer, or a mobile device like a smartphone. Check out the following link for information on how to wirelessly setup your printer: http://usa.canon.com/wirelesshelp  - Remember, once you're there, since your model is a UK model, you'll want to enter the US model, MG3620 if you want to use our help videos. 

After you have your printer connected to your WiFi network, you'll need to register your printer with Google Cloud Print. The step-by-step instructions can be found at THIS LINK

After you have your printer registered with Google Cloud Print, you'll be able to print using your Chromebook!

We hope this helps, and if you get stuck, you'll want to reach out to the Canon UK Helpdesk. Their contact information can be found HERE

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements