cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6420a scanning photos & capturing platen too | converts to PDF randomly

wpho89
Apprentice

Hello, 

I'm scanning photos on my TS6420a printer/scanner and controlling the scan with my Canon Print phone app (Android) then saving those photos in my Google Drive. The TS6420a scans the photo's exact size but after about 20 scanned photos, the scanner would convert the photos to PDF and capture the photo with the platen. It was set as Auto Scan and Orientation as Portrait. I tried changing the source to Photo but the scanner captured the photo with the platen as well. After various attempts to troubleshoot the scanner, the photos scanned normally again using the original set-up (e.g., Auto Scan and Orientation as Portrait). After 8-10 scans, it went back to capturing the photo with the platen and converting to PDF.

Any thoughts what I should do? I'm only using the Canon Print App, so any tips to keep the setting so that it would only scan the photo consistently would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on this type of issue, I recommend reaching out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements