cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping for new printer; concerned about ink consumption

Lyco81
Contributor
I now use a Canon i4500 printer and am shopping for a new AIO. A major asset to me is being able to continue to print after getting a low ink warning. I have read that there are some printers that shut down the printer when warned of this situation -
is Canon among them? Specifically, I ask about MG series: 6220, 6120, 5320. More important than ink consumption, I want the best printer for photos in those price ranges. I'd appreciate any suggestions and opinions. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Lyco81.

The PIXMA MG5320, MG6120 and MG6220 operate in a similar way to your iP4500.  If the ink is running 'low', you can continue printing with the units.  Printing would only be stopped when a tank has gone completely empty and an 'empty' warning appears. 

You can also adjust the quality settings for these printers and your iP4500 to conserve ink usage as well.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

JimMcDonald
Contributor

Am wondering about the ink usage also, relative I know, but approximately how many 4x5 photos can be printed with the following printers: Pixma MG 6220, 5420, 5320 ?

Hello.

For information on estimated ink yields, please visit the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/resources-and-learning-consumer/reference_ma...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements