cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy CP900 and iOS7

Shiles
Apprentice
Is the Selphy CP900 compatible with iOS7? Mine is no longer connecting to the internet after installing iOS7 on my iPad.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Shiles.

The CP900 should be able to be used with our Easy PhotoPrint app on iOS 7.  Please check to make sure that the printer and iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi router. 

If you continue to have difficulties, please visit the following link below to contact our support group for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

You have to have both wifi and cellular turn on. The selphy will come up in devices instead of in the wifi menu when you are in the setting menu . Choose it. A message will come up saying it it not connected to the internet just click ok. A green check ark will be next to the selphy meaning you are connected. When you now start the cannon app you will get a message about not connected to wifi, just click OK. BECAUSE YOU ARE CONNECTED TO DEVICES I.E. THE SELPHY. Now it will promt you for access to your photo album. Click OK. now you can choose which photo to print and when you press print the selphy will show up as the printer to which the photo will be sent. The interface is clunky with ios 7.04
but it works for me and others at the office where it is used. All have iPhones, 4 and 5 running ios 7.0.4 . Hope this helps. I can attest that it works on every iphone running in the office, all running 7.0.4 . Five phones so far. Just remember any prompts you get just hit OK during setup

I have an iPad 3rd gen without 3G, what's the solution for me?

How do you enable mobile data communication?

sorry, this isn't working for me using iOS7 (or 8 for that matter...) I've tried step by step as you suggest on 4 different devices and the Canon app will not recognize the selphy, even though the device is connected to the selphy. 

Really disappointed.

I just upgraded to IOS 8.3 on both my IPhone and IPad and my Selphy CP900 still works fine. You must be doing something wrong. Did you follow the instructions I posted before?

Yeah, tried a couple of times thinking i missed something. Working on it tonight, but need it tomorrow, might have to ull out an older iphone if all else fails.

Make sure the WEP key is entered correctly and the SSID is the same on the Selphy and in the "devices" in the Wi Fi menu and the iPhone is connected to it. Remember a menu will come up saying the Selphy is not connected to the internet press join anyway. Also you should still have the cellular connection turned on as well as Wi Fi as this is needed for my system to work

Well, got it to print exactly twice. It printed once, then when we tried to print the next photo, the option to print was not active. Went back into setting and had to re'join the selphy device, then went back to print and it printed again. We figured we'd have to do that for every printing, but alas, it enver worked after that.

Fortunately, I brought along my laptop, since I had no confidence in the ad hoc (rightfully so) and would take the photos on iPhone, send them via email to myself, open, save on computer then print directly to the selphy. I also had to sit on the floor in the corner of a banquet hall to do this 😕

I won't count on Selphy in future for projects like this.

I feel your pain..One shouldn't have to fool an "Ad Hoc" into thinking it is somrthing other.

I think I have fumbled around and gotten my Selphy to work like JBDEN has,( and I really appreciate his efforts to help us) but this product, obviously, isn't important enough to make it easy to use. 

The Selphy is a great little printer, but I only use it in rare ad hoc situations, making it a "how did I get this to work" affair.

The printer is not connected to the Internet is correct since you are connecting directly to the Selphy and not through a network, hence you are not connected to the Internet so press the option to join anyway. Again Ad hoc means the iPhone or iPad is connected directly to the printer and not through a network. You must have both the cellular and WiFi turned on. When choosing the Selphy from the devices list you will also have to enter the WEP Key which is displayed on the Selphy boot screen when you press the OK button. After this is all done you should see a check mark next to the Selphy SSID on the iPhone's WiFi menu screen, that means you are connected directly Ad Hoc to the Selphy, and not through a network. In IOS 7 and greater Apple changed the way "devices" that connect Ad Hoc are handled that is why you have to set it up this way. Now when you start the app you should be able to enter your photo album like before, choose which to print and it will show the Selphy as the printer. When you press "print" the screen on the Selphy will say "busy" and in a few seconds a progress bar will start and the photo printed. I am trying to remember if you need to enter the WEP key in the app also, if it prompts you to then proceed to enter it like you did when in the iPhone's Wi Fi menu. I also found that in IOS 8.3 the Canon app works much better and faster than IOS 7

Thanks for your help. I've printed your instructions and will keep it handy when I use the Selphy.

Announcements