cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning Multiple Photos at One Time (MX922)

jenkinstod
Apprentice

I've beening using the MX922 for quite a while to scan hard copy photos, mostly 4x6, and saving them as separate jpg files.   I use teh ScanGear app, and have typically used the ScanGear button each time, which allowed me to configure the scanner and check the preview each time.   I can still do that, but I thought that the software would allow me to auto-select each of the photos on the platen, then customize them as needed, before scanning.   However, for some reason, I don't see that function anymore.  If I click the Thumbnail on/off button, it will automatically select each photo separately, but I don't see a way to allow me to see the cropped selection for each so that I can adjust it.   The thumbnail view shows me what the software as selected, but when I turn off the thumbnail function, the selection reverts to just a single one for all photos.  I'd like to be able to see each of the individual selections so I can adjust them. 

I know that I can make the selections myself, but that's pretty time consuming, and I thought that the software allowed me to click one of the functions and it would automatically select each photo.   When I select the Auto Crop button, it just makes one large selection spanning all photos.  

Granted, the cropped selections in the thumbnail mode are usually pretty good, but every now and then, it seems to crop a little too much, so I'd like to be able to modify the selections a little bit.  Is there a way for me to keep those selections in the non-thumbnail view so I can edit them?   Thanks in advance for the help.  

I'm working on a Windows 10 computer.  

Thanks,

Todd

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jenkinstod,

Please follow the steps on this page from the manual to scan multiple images at one time using ScanGear:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanGear/W/MFP/19.1/EN/SG/Sg-907.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks very much for the feedback, Patrick.  My question is mainly focused on what I believe is the "thumbnail" view, in which each photo being scanned is selected separately.  In some cases, the selection is off a little from what I would prefer, so I would like to be able to adjust the selections of each individual photo in that thumbnail view.    Is that possible?   I see the "Adjust Cropping Frames" step, but I can't seem to select that function.   Is there any way to take the selections from that Thumbnail view and return to the full platen view so I can tweak the individual selections?   I understand I can make my own selections in that view, but I was hoping to be able to start with the selections based on the thumbnail view.   

Thanks.

Announcements