cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner software interface horrible compared to old

WendyH
Contributor

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the IJScanUtility that came with my TS9520.  It is so UNintuitive and I don't think it does everything my old one (Canon MP Navigator EX 5220 series) did.

If I scan a  DOCUMENT (or multiple documents), I can't select any options (resolution, doc type (auto-detect), color,b&w and I don't get to see anything until I hit exit.   

The Navigator EX interface pops a thumbnail up and I can change the order of pages around in those thumbnails.    I can crop, rotate, zoom.  I can save as image or pdf.   A lot of times I may want to tweak the resolution to control the resultant file size vs. pic quality.

Granted using the ADF for multiple pages in the 9520 achieves page order control, but I liked the flexibility of Navigator EX.  And if using the platen on the TS9520 for book pages, for example, I would not have the ability to order and combine pages into a single PDF.   Maybe the PDF Editor is supposed to do that, but I tried it once and it crashed.   Even if it worked, it cannot be as straightforward as the Nav EX interface with its embedded fast editing ability.  

To get a check to scan as a PDF with auto-detect size, I had to resort to Scan Gear which was another whole learning curve in itself.   (and it didn't drop my documents where I set it to in Preferences).  

I'm generally quite adept at new software, but the old design was far superior to the new.  I'm sure there are other features in EX that I am forgetting.  And it's possible that IJScanUtility may have ways to accomplish additional things, but overall the design is horrible IMO.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements