cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner on MG6620 not working

jmcnerney
Apprentice

I have a laptop running Windows 7, with wireless set up on the MG6620. When I try and scan, it says "set the PC for scanning" most of the time, but sometimes it will go through the scanning process and then give an error message that says the unit is not connected.  It is, and I've verified the internet connection is good.  It was working fine earlier today.  Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

jmcnerney
Apprentice

No one????

Hello jmcnerney!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

Did you ever get this solved? - I am having the same problem...

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1. Click Start and open Programs/All Programs.

2. Go to Canon IJ Network Utilities.

3. Go to Canon IJ Network Scan Utility.

4. Open the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility.

Once this has been done, a small scanner icon should appear near your clock on the bottom corner of the screen.

Next, follow these steps:

1. Open the Canon IJ Scan Utility on your Desktop or the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu.

2. Click Settings.

3. Click the General Settings tab on the left. The icon resembles tools.

4. In the Product dropdown menu, select the Network version of the printer.

5. Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning from the IJ Scan Utility to test the connection.

If you continue to have difficulties with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Michael!  This was not my issue but I did find a solution in another thread that worked for me - removing old files from my previous printer in the twain_32 folder.

Announcements