cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Scanned Images as something other than PDF

ka6uup
Contributor

I have the Canon PIXMA MG7720.

I would like to scan documents and images as something other than PDF but cannot figure out how.

Chuck

3 REPLIES 3

John_B
Rising Star

Hello ka6uup!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

ka6uup
Contributor
I am running windows 7 connected by usb

Hi ka6uup,

Initiating a scan from the computer gives you a bit more control over the image.  To scan in JPG format:

1. Press the Windows Start button
  2. Type "IJ Scan Utility" in the search box in the lower left of the screen.

3. Open IJ Scan Utility.

4. Place your original.

5. Press the "ScanGear" button.

6. Press "Preview."

7. If you are happy with the image, press "Scan" to complete the operation.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements