I recently (Dec 2018) purchased and have been using a Pixma G4210 and all of a sudden the subject message appeared and I cannot find any jammed paper or paper pieces in the printer. Tried unplugging, replugging, pressing OK, etc., to no avail. This may have been caused by the updating of several drivers via an AVG driver updater app but when I tried to reinstall printer driver from Canon's website all was going well until it came to printing a test page...paper jam message again. Is there a factory reset option that might clear the error message so that I can then re-install the Canon printer driver? Thanx!
To troubleshoot the paper jam issue of the G4210, please perform the following steps:
1. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet and the back of the printer.
2. Leave the power cord disconnected for approximately 10 minutes.
3. While the power cord is disconnected, perform a visual inspection of the printer's rear tray and internal components for foreign objects/debris.
4. In the events, foreign objects/debris us found, slowly and carefully remove the found items.
5. After the 10 minutes have past plugged the unit in and power it on.
6. When the unit returns to the main screen (Copy Screen) perform 2 roller cleanings without paper followed by 1 roller cleaning with paper, click HERE for instructions.
In the event that the 1300 support code remains, the unit may require service.We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative HERE to obtain your service options. A representative will be happy to assist you.