cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing my printer with a new laptop

INussbaum
Apprentice

I have an older Canon 620 series printer which worked fine with my Acer laptop using Windows Vista.  The Acer laptop recently boke down and I bought a new Toshiba laptop with Windows 8. The problem is: I can't get the printer installed to work with the new laptop. I did set up the laptop for automatic updates.  What else am I missing?   

2 REPLIES 2

Julius
Rising Star

Hi INussbaum,

Is your printer the PIXMA MP620?  If so, there is no need to worry!  You can download the necessary drivers and software from the following page: 

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp620#Driver... 

However, if you do have a different printer, or there is any difficulty with the above procedure for the PIXMA MP620, please visit the link below for further assistance.  Thanks so much! 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hello  just bought a new laptop and tried to re instal my Canon MP160 printer, with no success. please what can i do? the printer wrks perfactly with windows vista and older windows yet it appears it is not compatable with my new laptop`s windows 8. 

Please help

Announcements