cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing on MG8150 via Mac Big Sur on WiFi

juliemeikle
Apprentice

Strange, but we have 2 desktop Macs, both running Big Sur. One will recognise and print , but the other will not pick the printer up.....any ideas? Having to buy a new printer and it will be an Epson as Canon has no driver for decent photo prints.....very sad as I prefer Canon

3 REPLIES 3

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

2 computers with the same OS, one works one doesn't.  That doesn't sound like a problem with your Canon printer.  Since one works, you might start with verifying what is different between the 2 systems

Print Quality:

Quality photos don't always happen by themselves.  Sometimes you need post production software to correct images taken under less than ideal conditions for best results.  A printer driver from another manufacturer isn't likely to do that for you.  With some investigaion, you may find that your MG8150 is just fine, and might be further enhanced with other software.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick. My comment about photo quality refers to Canon only providing AirPrint capability on new printers. This does not allow the best quality, hence having to move away from canon . It is a sghame as I have Canon photo gear and had Canon printers over many years.

I see what you mean about it not being a printer issue if it works with one mac and not the other. There is no driver for this printer that works with Big Sur so i was expecting it not to work at all. It works via WiFi on the mac that it is nearest to, but it is not 'seen' by the other one.

Thanks for your input.....I appreciate it.

Announcements