cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printheads & Logic Boards: burning out??

videobruce
Enthusiast

I had a weird probelm with a older i560 printer.

While printing, I lost cyan (nothing unusual there). I went thru the usual cleaning procedures including flushing the head under the kitchen sink tap (which I have done for some time since I owned these for probably 10 years). The color came back for a while, but than Iost two ot three othjer colors. I opened the lid and smelled a slight electronic related burning smell (I reconized this from experiance). After soaking the head in amonia for a few hours, the colors did not rerturn. 

I replaced the head with a brand new one. It worked for a while and that died completely. I was receiving five orange flashes which is a printhead error. Reading thru a couple of Canon Service Mnauals, it's also listed as a "Logic Board" probelm with the solutuion of replacing it which I have no intention of doing.

A week later after searching for a replacment, I stumbled across this statemant made by a eBay printhead supplier:

PLEASE NOTE
IT'S VERY VERY POSSIBLE THAT AFTER YOU INSTALL A PRINT HEAD, IT DOES NOT WORK, AND THE REASON IS POSSIBLE THAT YOUR PRINT MAIN-BOARD BURNS THE PRINT HEAD.IT'S VERY POSSIBLE, WE HAVE 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN PRINTER FIELDS, AND WE KNOW THIS OFTEN HAPPENS.
SO IF YOU MEET THE PROBLEM, WE WILL ARRANGE THE FULL REFUND TO YOU,WE CAN LOSE MONEY, BUT PLEASE DON'T LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. IT'S MAYBE OUR fault OR YOUR PRINTER'S fault.

Their site is here;

stores.ebay.com/iSSCX-CCC-Online-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2568

I sent them a email about this, the reply is here;

Yes, it is canon printer that very easy burn the mainboard or the printhead.

We don't know how to avoid problem.

Once we meet this problem, the only way it to exchange the mainboard or the printhead.
Thanks.

Anyone heard of this happening since this isn't some odd occurence??

1 REPLY 1

videobruce
Enthusiast

It's getting better. or should I say worse. Man Sad

Here is another eBay seller with a similar warning:

"Note: Be sure to check that your printer can work normally before installing the new printhead. A malfunctioning printer can short out the printhead. It is best if you can pinpoint the problem to the print head first before buying a replacement printhead. Please use original ink cartridge to avoid clogging."

Announcements