cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer release dates and length of support

MacHinto
Apprentice

I have an MG8120 inkjet that runs like the day it was bought, expect that drivers are not being updated and I can no longer run the scanner.  I'm running macOS 12 Monterey and will soon update to Ventura.  We need a printer that will continue to be supported for 5+ years (ideally 6-10 years).  Can Canon let me know which inkjets have been first released in the last 1 year to (at most) 2 years?  We like the specs on the TS9521C (that is the class of printer we are looking for) but it's been out for 4 years and I'm concerned that 1 to 2 years from now Canon will stop releasing drivers for OS updates.  It is extremely frustrating to have a mechanically sound printer that cannot be used due to being "retired" and not supported and we want to avoid that situation from popping up soon after our next printer purchase.  Advice (and a list of recently released models) is highly appreciated.  

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi MacHinto!

Our sales team can help. You can reach them on weekdays and Saturdays at 1-800-385-2155. We're confident they can match you with the perfect printer for your needs!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements