cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not been recognize by my laptop

Roly64
Apprentice

My cannon Pixma MG2200 Printer is not detected by my laptop I get an error message that says USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows did not recognize it please advise.

10 REPLIES 10

Danny

Hi, Roly64!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Windows is running on your computer, and which specific model of printer you're using, as Canon USA has not marketed a printer with the model name MG2200.  The model number should be on the printer itself.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello!

I have the exactly same problem.

Model:  PIXMA MG2220

Laptop: Eee PC

It says:  Unknown device, usb device not recognized

It real drives me crazy!

Oh! Dear!

It worked!Smiley LOL

Just uninstall MP driver, disable USB2 Enhanced Host Controller from Device Manager,

reinstall MP driver.

Worked like a charm!!! I simply uninstalled driver in device manager, under "Cannon MX459" and went to cannon website and reinstalled MP (multipurpose) driver, and it recognized my laptop right-away! Thanks!

All I did was moved the  USB cable  to another port on my laptop and it work try that if not re install the driver dowmload it from the Cannon website let me know how it goes for you.

Roly.

Worked like a charm! Uninstalled and reinstalled driver from cannon website for MP (mulitpurpose) printer.

Hello. I have two MACs: a 27 Imac and a MacbookPro. I just bought a Canon Imageclass MF8380Cdw Printer. I installed the software that came on a dvd, but my computers cannot recognize the printer? It is a wireless printer. It did not come with cables to connect to the computer, so I am trying to connect via wireless connection. Many thanks. 

Hello coquendovillar!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what Mac operating system (10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, etc.) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Hello. I have two MACs: a 27 Imac and a MacbookPro. Both have OSx 10.9.4.

I just bought a Canon Imageclass MF8380Cdw Printer. I installed the software that came on a dvd, but my computers cannot recognize the printer? It is a wireless printer. It did not come with cables to connect to the computer, so I am trying to connect via wireless connection. Many thanks. 

Announcements