cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Not Responding - PIXMA MP620

Thirunarayanan
Apprentice

I have a Thinkpad laptop with x64 Windows 10. I have a MP620 printer and the laptop coonected to a WiFi. I have had this network for a few years.

Everything was fine, printing and scanning..until Dec-2018. Printer refused to scan to the computer. I was able to print, however. After checking into forums, I called Cannon. The service technician uninstalled and re-installed the driver. The scanning functionality resumed working.

A couple of days ago, I wanted to print a document. I got a "Printer not responding" message. I checked the Printer forum, but could not find relevant info. I checked Canon website and I did a couple of things it suggested.

First, I verified that both the laptop and the printer are networked with the same SSID. Then, I powered off the laptop, printer, and the network's Router and Modem. After a few minutes, I powerd on the Modem, after a couple of minutes powered on the Router. Then, booted the laptop and turned on the power to the printer. When I tried to print a document, I again received the same "Printer not responding" message.

I tested scanning from both printerand laptop, and both processes scanned properly.

I hope I have given a complete picture.

So, not sure why when printing worked the scanning did not work, and when Canon helped for Scan to work properly, printing is not working.

Needing help for a robust and reliable fix. I need both scanning and printing functionality to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements