cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Error HELP!!

kayeD
Apprentice

I have a Cannon MG6620 and suddenly in the middle of printing a report it stopped and gives me this error message:

The type of Print Head is incorrect install the correct print head"????

I changed a couple of the Ink Carts and everything was working fine.  Then suddenly in the middle of printing a report (after having printed three before the last one), it just quit and gave me this message.

I turned it off, back on and same message.  Turned it off, unplugged it, waited a minute or two plugged it back in, turned it on..same thing.

I removed all the ink carts and replaced them...turned it off and back on..same thing.

WHAT is wroing and how the heck do I fix it.  I need my printer!!

3 REPLIES 3

azhot
Contributor

same problem on mg7720 today.  maybe something with a recent driver update by company.  if only they would actually care.  this can't be a coincidence.  and if you try & find a local service place -- forget it.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi azhot,

Please also try reseating the printhead following the steps in this Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143852

If the error message persists, your PIXMA MG7720 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kayeD,

Please try reseating the printhead of your PIXMA MG6620.  To do this, please follow the steps in the following Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143852

If the issue persists, your PIXMA MG6620 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements