cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power on, screen flashes, power off for PIXMA MG5320 inkjet printer

jabberjaws
Apprentice

For my PIXMA MG5320 inkjet multifunction printer: I power it on, the screen boots with the normal blue screen with white Canon letters, then the printer abruptly powers off.

The printer worked well before; this malfunction is abrupt. Happens in different electrical outlets, and i have reseated the power and it appears to be in good condition. Same behavior every time. No known power surges. No power tree.

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try unplugging the power from the unit for 30 minutes.  Once this time frame has passed, plug the power into a different power source such as a direct wall outlet or a different power socket to see if the unit remains powered on consistently.

If the issue persists, please check your local listings to see if there are any repair shops in your area that might be able to test or examine the unit.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Michael. I have left it unplugged overnight but the malfunction persists. Local repair shops declined the work and said I should Contact Canon support, who advised me to post here.
Announcements