cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Canon Community

sthomas23
Apprentice

Hello Canon Community,

I have a PIXMA MG8220 printer scanner. The computers I have our a I-Mac and MacBook Air. I can get the cannon to print from both of my personal devices however I can not get either device to receive a scan when I try to scan a document from my PIXMA MG8220. I get a message that says "Set the PC to start Scanning"? I have tired to download the software downloads available on the Cannon website and it still will not work for me. Could someone please provide me some support on this? I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong or not doing. Thank You So Much.

Shane T.

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

H!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computers, and if you are using your printer via USB cable or via wifi.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount

Thanks! 

sthomas23
Apprentice

Thanks Samantha. 

I am currently a Wifi signal and the operating systems that is on my computers is macOS Monterey. I hope some can help me with this. Thank You

Hi sthomas23,

The PIXMA MG8220 is not supported with macOS v12 (Monterey).  The last version that was supported was macOS v10.13 (High Sierra).  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements