cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma printers

Bigal
Apprentice

Would anyone know whether I could use my pixma printer in France without a transformer? Does it sense the voltage and automatically adapt itself to it, or will a step-down transformer be necessary.

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Bigal!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what equipment you're using.   Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. Thanks!

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm using a Canon PIXMA MG2022 printer I wish to use in France. I have an adapter for the wall plug. Will I need a transformer?

Hi Bigal,

The power supply of the PIXMA MG2220 is 110 - 120 V, 60 Hz and 200 - 240 V, 50 Hz.  You may need a plug adapter to connect the U.S. type plug to an overseas socket or vice versa, but if the voltage falls within the range noted above, then no transformer/converter would be required.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Terrific. Thanks so much for confirming what I suspected. We'll have no problem, then, with our new Pixma. The Canon Forum is fantastic.

Bigal
Apprentice

Sorry, the title of the message I just sent was insufficiently specific. Does a pixma printer automatically adjust itself to 220 volts in France?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements