cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx922 shadow printing even after auto align, manual align, timing strip cleaning, voodoo chant

workingmomjd
Apprentice
INSIGHT will be helpful! This is my 3rd Pixma 922 (I'm a fan), but it's the first time I've ever hit this road block! I've tried everything! Cleaned it every way I've found described in the support section, online and Google, aligned it and cleaned the timing strip for over 3 hours and I get improvement, but it doesn't offer the the option I need. The vertical branding that is the final sticking point is so pervasive that it is present in every option of the manual alignment options, no matter how many times I try it. On the 2nd page of the manual alignment process, panels C - F are identical from top to bottom within their own respective columns. None show a solid band, or even a more solid band. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you please post a legible image with pointers to the behavior you are experiencing?

Shadow printing, banding, "final sticking point"etc?  We need to see what it is you are expecting or are not happy with.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Sure.  I was posting from my phone and wasn't sure how to do it.  These are taken with a small tri-pod, so there isn't any shake blur.

Print nozzle check:

20210303_114246.jpg

Hi workingmomjd,

Your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  If your PIXMA MX922 is in warranty, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

If your PIXMA MX922 was purchased greater than a year ago, it is out of warranty.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 11 AM ET (8 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements