cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ip8500 print head replacement

Whitemocha
Apprentice

Hi all! I am a brand new member here, so I apologize in advance if this question has come up frequently before or has been discussed ad nauseum!

I have an old Pixma ip8500 from (I think) circa 2005-ish or so, and after years of faithful service the print head has finally died. I see that qy6-0076 heads are often described as being a workable replacement for the qy6-0055 head my printer uses. Do people find this to be the case? Current prices for the qy6-0076 are significantly cheaper than those for the qy6-0055, so it would be great to have that as an option. Any issues or gotchas with using the newer head on the older printer?

Thanks very much for any advice!

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi Whitemocha,

We ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for assistance with determining the compatibility of the print heads for use with your PIXMA iP8500.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements