cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iX6850 - Disappointing Colours?

guitarbloke
Apprentice

I bought an ix6850 last week after reading a lot of great reviwes, however I've been disapointed by the washed out colours.

I'm fairly new to this and I'm printing from Photoshop and Illustrator in colour onto 300gsm paper/card - I notice that all the colours - blacks in particular - are very washed out.

On the other hand, if I print onto gloss photo paper, the colours are great.

Is this typical from this printer?

I'm using the Canon inks that came with the printer.  The print heads are clean and I've realigned etc.

Any advice would be appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I'm assuming your 300gsm paper/card has a matte finish?  If so, this is all normal.  Matte paper will have a more subdued appearance.  Gloss paper will typically lead to higher saturation of colors.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I'm assuming your 300gsm paper/card has a matte finish?  If so, this is all normal.  Matte paper will have a more subdued appearance.  Gloss paper will typically lead to higher saturation of colors.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you for that - yes you're right it does have a matte finish!  Hopefully that the issue in that case Smiley Happy

I've ordered some 300gsm semi-gloss which I'll try when it arrives tomorrow.

guitarbloke
Apprentice
You were right. It's a great printer on the right (expensive) paper, but stick regular paper in and it's just awful.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements