02-22-2016 10:00 PM
Pixma iP4200 printer quit printing black text, only color, even black ink tanks are good. What should I do to restore the black printing?
02-24-2016 08:55 AM
Please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink. The correct order is:
Next, a test of the printer should be performed. The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly. Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:
1. Turn the printer on and make sure paper is loaded into the sheet feeder.
2. On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light blinks twice. When you release the button, the Nozzle Check pattern will be printed.
3. After the Nozzle Check pattern is printed, compare the results to he example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.
4. If any colors are missing or if any horizontal lines appear in the color bars, perform the print head cleaning procedure.
To perform a print head cleaning with the printer, please follow these instructions:
1. On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light flashes one time.
2. When you release the RESUME button, the POWER light starts flashing and all colors will be cleaned. This will continue for about 30 seconds.
3. Wait for the light to stop flashing before you resume normal operation.
Once you have completed two cleanings, please perform another Nozzle Test. If colors are still missing, turn off the printer. After 24 hours, turn the printer on and perform one more cleaning. Once the cleaning is complete, print another Nozzle Test.
After you have completed the Nozzle Test, if it does not print correctly, please contact our support group using the following link:
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS R6 Mark II - Version 1.1.2
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS Rebel T100 - Version 1.1.0
EOS 5D Mark IV - Version 1.4.0
EOS 6D Mark II - Version 1.2.0
PowerShot Elph 360HS - Version 184.108.40.206
PowerShot SX420 IS - Version 220.127.116.11
PowerShot 620 HS - Version 18.104.22.168
PowerShot SX720 HS - Version 22.214.171.124
PowerShot G1X Mark III - Version 126.96.36.199
PowerShot G7X Mark II - Version 188.8.131.52
PowerShot G9X Mark II - Version 184.108.40.206
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS 1DX Mark III- Version 1.7.1
Speedlite EL-1 - Version 1.0.2
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EF50 F1.2 L USM
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EOS R10
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.