cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS 9120 - Ink Color Help

meb730
Apprentice

Is there an ink I can just purchase if I only want to print black and white. I do not feel like spending the money to replace all the ink cartridges. What i am asking is with the followng ink cartridegs can I can purchase one of these to simple print black? Right now I am out of C (CLI-281XXL; Y 9CLI-281); PGBK (PGI-280 XXl); and M )CLI-281 XXl) And it says I am low on BK. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi meb730.

The TS9120 is designed as a color inkjet printer; at the time of this response we do not sell any black-and-white inkjet printers.

Additionally, depending on the settings selected when printing, color inks may be necessary to print black-and-white at the level of quality and to the paper type selected.

If you do not print in color often enough to justify replacing the inks on the TS9120, then you may be better-served using a laser printer.  Laser printers use toner, which is less-affected by environmental conditions, and in most cases provide a lower price-per-page compared to an equivalent inkjet printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi meb730.

The TS9120 is designed as a color inkjet printer; at the time of this response we do not sell any black-and-white inkjet printers.

Additionally, depending on the settings selected when printing, color inks may be necessary to print black-and-white at the level of quality and to the paper type selected.

If you do not print in color often enough to justify replacing the inks on the TS9120, then you may be better-served using a laser printer.  Laser printers use toner, which is less-affected by environmental conditions, and in most cases provide a lower price-per-page compared to an equivalent inkjet printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements