cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8520

Lisa4
Contributor

I have a Pixma TR8520 and sometimes after I select the page to be printed, the printer doesn't print. It shows that it's searching for the printer but nothing prints. What's wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Which operating system are you using?  There are guides/manuals here that should have a troubleshooting section.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I am operating Big Sur on Imac

I have read all the. online manuals but they don't explain why I am having this issue.

Greetings,

There is no driver for the TR8520 runnng under Big Sur currently. 

Last supported OS was Catalina.

We cannot say if or when drivers might be released.  

What I would suggest.  Use a wired or wireless connection.  Assign the printer a static or reserved IP on youtr network.  Remove and reinstall the printer as an IP based printer.

First step: Assign the printer a static or reserved IP address - this can be done on the printer or router.

Then follow the steps in ths Apple KB article for adding the printer by its IP address:  Scroll down to add printer by IP address.

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

What this will accomplish.  Establishes a way for all network devices to find and conmmunicate with the printer.  This destination will remain persistent, it will not change and only has to be done once.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

What is the Apple KB article?

Thanks

@Lisa4

You are creating multiple threads and going in different directions.

I suggest you keep your common issues, one device (TR8520) in one thread.  This way all can follow and provide support.

You've told us you have a MacBook runing BigSur

You haven't told us the model or age, so....  these are your options:

cable options.png

You would chose the one that fits your situation.  Standard USB (Left) or USB-C (Right)

As stated previously, there are no drivers for BigSur.  So there is no guarantee connecting the printer using a cable will work.

I suggested trying over wireless which offers greater chance for success and will also give you greater flexibility printing since you can print from other network devices (supported computers, mobile devices, iPADs, etc)  

This suggestion also doesn't require sourcing/buying a cable.  I believed this would be helpful. 

I put a link to an apple knowledgebase article on how to add a printer by IP in my reply above....  I've changed the color so you can see it.

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements