cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX492 Error Code B204

norristowndave
Contributor

Just received this error code today, first time to see this. All I did was move my printer to dust undeneath and now the code shows. What is he issue and how to correct?

1 REPLY 1

tonyr63
Contributor

You could try replacing the cartages even if they are full of ink.  I found new cartages fixed my problem even though the existing cartages were less than 15% used.  Of course it is a complete rip off but that how Canon have set up the devices to trigger such errors and make you buy new supplies.  I had an expensive Canon iX680 A3 printer which was used probably less than 25 times in the 3 years before it without warning trew up an error B200 and there was nothing I could do except return to the service centre and pay for the replacement of the entire print head that would cost more than the printer was worth so I had to dispose of it in ewaste. I wasted a lot of time trying to fix it forst and I was ledt with replacement ink unused in the fridge.

I had a BJC 6000 15 years ago which was also an expensive supposedly high end ink jet and it too was a world of pain, in fact never worked properly from new.

Fool me to ever buy a Canon printer but will not be fooled again

Good luck with it.

Announcements