cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX472 Canon IJ Scan Utility frequently disables. Culprit may be antispam

xenageek
Apprentice

I've only had this printer for a month, but I've squandered HOURS setting it up and keeping it up.

I can print OK, but  the scanner utility just "falls off" the toolbar and has had to be downloaded and reinstalled twice since purchase.

Yesterday, I made my 4th call to support. We reinstalled the IJ Scan utility third time.  And the Tech Support person, Blythe, explained that probably it was my antispam (I use Avast). She said it was a "known issue", so I'll post them here for others.

Here is the list of ports and programs that need to be set to a whitelist to prevent this scanner problem from happening again.

Blocked Ports and Programs

In some cases, third-party security or firewall software may be blocking or restricting port traffic or programs causing unexpected results such as inability to install or loss of functionality. Check with the software manufacturer for information on unblocking ports or adding exceptions for specific programs.

The following are ports and programs necessary for your printer to function properly.

Ports

TCP 80

TCP / UDP 8611

TCP / UDP 8612

TCP / UDP 8613

UDP 3702 - (Windows 7 / Windows Vista)

The following port list applies only to models with memory card slots

TCP / UDP 137

TCP / UDP 138

TCP / UDP 139

Programs

IJ Network Tool

Default location

c:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\Canon IJ Network Tool\CNMNPUT.EXE (Windows)

/library/printers/canon/bjprinter/utilities/canon ij network tool.app (Macintosh OS X)

IJ Network Scan Utility

Default location
c:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\Canon IJ Network Scan Utilityl\CNMNSUT.EXE (Windows)

/library/printers/canon/bjprinter/utilities/canon ij network scan utility.app (Macintosh OS X)

IJ Network Scanner Selector

Default location
/library/printers/canon/ijscanner/utilities/canon ij network scanner selector2.app (Macintosh OS X)

MP Navigator EX

Default location

C:\Program Files\Canon\MP Navigator EX**\ mpnex**.exe (** refers to version number) - (Windows)

/application/canon utilities/mp navigator.app (Macintosh OS X)

My Image Garden

Default location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\My Image Garden\cnmigmain.exe (Windows)

/applications/canon utilities/my image garden.app    (Macintosh OS X)

0 REPLIES 0
click here to view the gallery
Announcements