cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5420 wireless scanning

morrisjc33
Apprentice

I have an MG5420 installed on a Windows 8.1 WLAN.  Printing is fine, but scanning will not work at all.  The Scan Utility keeps saying the scanner driver needs to be reinstalled.  I've done this countless times, but still the Scan Utility will not work.  Does this printer need to be connected via USB to scan?  Wireless signal strength is 100% since the printer is right by my router.  Drivers are all the latest available from the website.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi, ronmitchell!

We apologize for any troubles you are running into scanning. There are several factors that could be at play causing this.  To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Mac in use (ex. 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, etc). You can find this out by clicking the Apple sign in the top-left corner and choosing 'About this Mac.'

The forum is designed for Canon owners to share solutions amongst each other. If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Announcements