cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3620. Can't get past Register Printer stage in setup.

SmilingBeluga
Apprentice

I'm trying to set up this printer. Downloaded the app from the Playstore, it goes through the whole set up process: Finding it, connecting to it, finding and connecting to our wi-fi and after moving forward through all that with zero issues it keeps hanging up at the "Register Printer" page with the "Wait for your printer to appear, and then select your printer". After waiting for about 2 minutes the warning/alarm light goes orange on the printer.

I've followed the online "If your printer cannot be found" step by step process on what to do if this happens and I have to go back to step one in the setup. 3 times.  No luck.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the canon app. Restarted my phone. Unplugged the printer and let it sit a bit before plugging back in. I've tried all of this 2-3 times and it still hangs up at that exact spot every time. I bought the printer off Amazon a week ago so I'm not trying to set up a used one. This is new out of the box.

I'm setting up on a fully updated Android phone. No PC set up. Phone and app are both logging into the same wifi network. The photo is a screen shot of where it gets stuck at each time. The printer never shows up as an option, alarm led goes orange after about 2 minutes, and we start all over again.  Help, please?

PixmaSetup.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Tell us about your Wi-Fi.  Assume you have a dual band router?  Does your router have a dedicated 2.4Ghz broadcast, or is it using the same SSID name for both 5G and 2.4Ghz networks.  

Example, I have 3 networks.

Broadcasts.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ha, good question. Not sure where to find out.  Bringing up wifi in my settings shows all the wifi options open to me but doesn't have anything by them like yours. I don't *think* we even have 5g as an option.  It's a Xfinity router, from Comcast that we've had 4 years now. I looked in the Xfinity app to see if I could find more details but it is pretty useless and mainly offers to run a test or restart plus billing info. It's frustrating because it went through the whole set up and connected to wifi with the supplied password and then just bogs down at the last part of the set up.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Can you identify the model number of the xFinity modem/router?  There should be a sticker with a brand and model number.

Do you have a PC, windows or MAC?  OS (version and build)?

Let me know and I'll provide next steps.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements