cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2920

mymy
Apprentice

My MG2920 won't detect new ink cartridges.  I have tried everything. It won't even detect the old empty cartridges. Any suggestions. 

it says "Ink details cannot be displayed"

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi mymy,

To try and resolve the issue, please remove the ink cartridges from the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 5 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  Once the printer comes back on, please put the ink cartridges back in the unit.  If the printer still does not detect the ink cartridges, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

UUUGGGHHHH....no this did not work. I even reinstallede the old cartrages to see if it would detect them, it didn't. Then, I bought new standerd cartridge thinking it might have been the XL not working.

Yes, It is the printer, not the cartrages.

I had to get some printing done so I bought another printer, Canon ip2820,that uses the same cartrages while I wait to figure this one out. I like having a wireless all in one however with needing to print right away, I might just have to deal with the basic printer as now I have over 100 worht of ink cartrages. 

I have tried everything to get this printer to work. 

I hate to make landfill out of it but if it's broken, it's 

Announcements