cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2220 printer using color when I never print in color.

SAM3
Apprentice

I know that I can print in gray scale every time I print, however this means that I cant have a blue line or any minor splash of color.  I am very upset that the printer seems to use color so that all the cartridges (black and color) must be replaced at the same time.   I seldom print but when I do I always print a copy that turns out blue or red and then I have to go back and change my settings to grey. 

This setup comes across as a way for the Canon company to skim the profits off a person who doesn't use color very much.  Everyone gets angry at mechanics for charging for unnecessary work, it would be a shame for reputable companies like Canon to fall into the same level of disrepute.  It might have a very explainable reason but the way it comes across is: that the Canon company is slowly stealing from me and thousands of others.  I want a driver fix that uses black when the printer is printing black and only uses color when I print color.

Thanks so much,

Sam

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi SAM3,

You can set the printer to print using only the black ink cartridge from within the printer driver.  To do this, please follow the steps shown here.  When making copies, you will want to press the BLACK START button to use the black ink cartridge in the unit.  

Please note, ink is also used for cleaning the print head to maintain optimal printing quality.  This function is performed automatically to prevent clogging.  During this cleaning procedure, ink from both cartridges is used, however, it is limited to a small amount.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements