cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG 5520 printer, new, getting gutter shadows and black frames when copying from a book

catparr
Apprentice

Didn't happen the first few times I copied. The gutter shadows are on the opposite side of the book's binder on the copy. Shadows cause blurring and unable to read text on one side of copy? Still using the original ink cartridges.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I believe you will find this is a function of how well you can be sure the book is flat and properly positioned.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It doesn't seem to be a matter of how the book is positioned on the copier, it didn't happen for the first 4 copies I made with the book. There is advanced printer option to check for gutter shadows and black frames on copies but didn't seem to work

Ramona
Authority

Hi catparr,

If the color of an original is dark, the machine cannot distinguish the document color from the shadow and this may cause slight cropping or a shadow.  Are the pages that are not copying correctly the exact same pages that you didn't have difficulty with before, or are they darker?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements