cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Scanning on Canon Pixma G4210

CaliaMoko
Apprentice

I am new to this printer and can't find a way to scan photos and save them as JPGs. The whole process is very clumsy and time-consuming for only one photo and then it ends up PDF no matter what I do. I suspect I just don't know how to use the printer, so I'm hoping someone here can give me some guidance.

I've tried two methods, so far. I can use the buttons on the printer itself, and I do tell it to save as JPEG, but it still comes out PDF. And I tried from the computer by loading that backward L-shaped menu thing and choosing scanning from that. I can't find a way to set any options from there and it just automatically saves it as a PDF.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CaliaMoko
Apprentice

Never mind. I finally poked around enough to find my solution. The manual says to open the IJ something-or-other, but I couldn't find where it said HOW to open it. I finally found it, though. It was the reverse L-shaped menu thingy. I needed the main menu, which was hidden under the X which I figured would close the quick menu. So not exactly totally straight-forward and, combined with my lack of tech savvy, enough to make it pretty incomprehensible to me. I finally got it, so I'm pretty proud of myself. 😄

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CaliaMoko
Apprentice

Never mind. I finally poked around enough to find my solution. The manual says to open the IJ something-or-other, but I couldn't find where it said HOW to open it. I finally found it, though. It was the reverse L-shaped menu thingy. I needed the main menu, which was hidden under the X which I figured would close the quick menu. So not exactly totally straight-forward and, combined with my lack of tech savvy, enough to make it pretty incomprehensible to me. I finally got it, so I'm pretty proud of myself. 😄

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements