cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Quality Issues with Pixma MG6220

eatatjoes
Apprentice

I am frustrated.  The first photo printed from this printer was of poor quality.  It was very 'grainy' and 'noisey'.  I printed from the printer itself (put camera card into printer).  I then printed from Picasa, same problem, very poor quality.  It was then a couple of months before I attempted printing again.  I printed from PS Elements 11.  The quality was much improved but not what I expected from this printer.  I finally called tech support, after tweaking every setting I could find.  They essentially blamed my computer, wanted to reinstall the drivers and I need to buy new ink cartridges.  It's NOT my computer.  I'm curious as to why they think it's the drivers.  It very well could be bad cartridges.  The printer was purchased in December (six months ago).  I'm wondering why the photo software would make a difference.  I'm irritated that the people I spoke with seemed completely incurious as to what, exactlly, was wrong with the photos.  It would appear that no on else has had this issue.  The reviews for this printer were very good.  I can't imagine reviewing these images and stating that they are "excellent" as I have read from many reviews.  I'll be more than happy to attach scanned images for review (scanner works fine).  Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For testing purposes, please try printing from our Easy PhotoPrint EX program on Canon photo paper to see if the quality improves.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

lskital
Apprentice

Hi,

Did you find solution to this problem?

My pictures are grainy, really grainy. This slightly vary between papers and color profiles, but the grainess never disappear. I own MG6250 - european version of MG6220. I tried printing from Mac and Windows with any combination of settings I could imagine without success. I adjusted print head manually, I even replaced print head and it didn't help...

That's very frustrating considering good reviews this printer gets.

Iskital - No I have not found a solution to my problem.  I purchased all new ink and the same problem persists.  I ordered Canon brand photo paper.  I should receive it on Tuesday.  I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind scanning an image.  I am going to, we can compare our issues. 🙂

After purchasing new ink and getting Canon photo paper, the print quality has MUCH improved.  Perhaps it is the paper.  Try that and let me know!

Hi,

Check this for scanned images and originals for reference:

http://flickr.com/gp/skital/Y9615F

(you can download full-res versions there as well - it's a bit hidden if you don't know flickr)

This was using Canon Glossy II photo paper and NOT Canon Ink. I was trying different replacement inks over the time and I had similar results.

I'm a little bit hesitant with spending more money on this printer, esp. that I had never have this kind of quality issues with my previous Canon printer (MP600) when using non canon inks - I had color issues but never grainess.

Well, I may try original inks again, but it breaks a deal for this printer.

Announcements