cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 Rejects Disk Tray

Eldertree
Contributor

My iP8720 printer no longer accepts the disk tray when trying to print on a printable DVD.  Has anyone had this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Darius
Whiz

Hi Eldertree.

If the IP8720 is not accepting the CD printing tray, try wiping down the contact points on it.  Also, before lowering the inner cover, ensure the computer or mobile device from which you're printing has instructed you to insert the tray.  If you lower the inner cover before you are prompted, then the CD printing tray will not be accepted.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Darius.  Thanks for replying.  I'm not sure what you mean by "contact points".  Are those the two small metalic squares?  If so I have tried to wipe those down and it didn't help.  Also, I've followed the correct procedure for disk printing by waiting to drop down the disk tray guide until prompted to do so.  Also tried to different printable disks, restarting the printer, installing the latest driver.  Nothing has worked so far.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks.  Eldertree

Hi Eldertree.

If wiping down the contact points (the metal squares) didn't correct the problem, try removing the drivers and reinstalling them.

• If on Mac OS:
    1. Navigate to "Mac HD ( > Library) > Printers > PPDs > Contents > Resources"

2. Move the Canon "iP8700series" driver from that folder to the trash.
  • If on Windows:

1. Open the list of installed programs

• For Windows 10: Start menu > Settings > "Apps" or "System" > Apps & Features.

• For Windows 8/8.1:
        1. Open the Desktop.
        2. Move the mouse to the bottom-right corner of the screen, or (if you have a touch screen) swipe the right edge of the screen to the left to open the Charms panel.
        3. Click on Settnings > Control Panel.
        4. Click on ( System >) Programs & Features.
      • For Windows 7/Vista: Open the Start menu and select Control Panel > (System >) Programs & Features.

• For Windows XP: Open the Start menu and select Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Uninstall the Canon iP8700 series Printer Driver (and, if present, the iP8700 series XPS Printer Driver).

3. Restart the computer.

Once the above steps have been done, download and run the latest version of the driver (ver. 1.01, 07/28/15, at the time of this posting) from the iP8720 Drivers & Downloads page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Note:  If the problem persists after reinstalling and removing the drivers per the above instructions, then the printer will need to be replaced.  In this case, I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement. If you're interested, more information is available through our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002.

I tried these things and the problem persists.

Announcements