cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620a will not print, asks to save document, doesn't print anything

mws_1984
Contributor

I have a Canon TR8600 printer. My computer for some reason lost the printer. I had to re add the device. Now when I just went to print I chose what I wanted and it asks me to "save print output as" Nothing prints after I do this. This never happened before and would always print when summoned to do so without asking to save it. I already have the document saved so not sure what is going on. I am unsure if some minor setting got messed up or what? Any advice? 

4 REPLIES 4

SamanthaW

Hi there! There are a few different printer models that could be in the TR8600 series, can you please check the printer itself for the specific model? It'll be either on the top of the printer or the front, and will say TR86xx, with the x's being 2 numbers!

I have the TR8620a printer. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on the description and wording, it sounds like you are using your printer with a version of windows OS.  Please check the following.  That "Print to File" is not selected in the print dialog or "Print to PDF" is not selected as the default printer.   Note the example illustrations below

shadowsports_0-1712160663902.png

shadowsports_1-1712161104149.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Where am I finding these print settings? I am using Google chrome as my browser. It seems it happens only if I open the document and it displays on the browser or if I chose to print pages direct from a website. If I download it to my windows OS and open it as a PDF with PDF X app and choose to print then it is no issue. It prints and does not say anything about the saving first. 

UPDATE-I messed around with it since the screenshot you gave looks nothing like my screen. I did not have a print to file check box.  If I had it set to Microsoft print to PDF that is when it asks to save. If I just have it as the Canon printer I use then it prints no asking to save. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements