cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8620 inks

HFJR
Apprentice

I just bought TR8620 printer. While setting up, I realized the 280/281 series of inks required for this new one are identical to the 270/271 series inks for my recently deceased MG6821 printer. As it turned out, most of the inks in my old printer had just been replaced. In addition I have a couple backup inks that have never been used (I always try to keep a backup set on hand). Is there some way I can use about $100 worth of 270/271 inks in my new machine? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the cartridges are a different model, they are not interchangeable and will not work in a different printer, even if similar.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the cartridges are a different model, they are not interchangeable and will not work in a different printer, even if similar.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yep, that was what I expect to hear. thanks anyway. Just a waste of materials and another way to squeeze a few more bucks out of customers. It used to be they would 'give the printers away' and drain you on the ink. Now the printers cost more (unless you buy their stripped down print only version) AND they roast you on the ink too. No wonder brick & mortar stores stock very little and force you to by online and send it to you.

My old printer was working just fine but the waste ink reservoir filled and it is not a maintenance item. You are forced to throw away the whole printer. 

Sorry for venting, I don't Tweet or Facebook so this is only place to let off steam. 

Finally no direct customer support. We have to rely on Forums and 'esteemed contributors' like yourself to hold our hands when something new fails to operate as advertised. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I'm just a fellow user like yourself.  More often than not, many consumer devices have a "life expectancy" and are then more costly to service than replace.  I have 2 kitchens, One is 23 yrs old.  The fridge, microwave and stove are still going strong (all Kenmore).  I had to replace the dishwasher in 2020 (now Bosch), but I'm going to try a KitchenAid next time.  The fridge is starting to drip water from the door...   for no apparent reason.  Its just friggin old, but it holds at 38* which is where I like my milk to be.  The other kitchen is much newer and equipped with higher end stuff that I will probably end up replacing at the 15 yr mark.  Washer and dryers (also Kenmore) are the same.  The washer is top loading with a clothes wrecking agitator and it probably uses 50 gal of water during a wash - going strong.  Gas dryer too.  The newer stuff in the other garage has already needed a few knobs and controller board.  

Yes.  They don't make stuff like they used to.  I know exactly how you feel.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements