cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7020a only prints from rear tray, and won't print double sided from iPads

daveharrod
Apprentice

I've got a TR7020a in black and it won't print from our iPads properly.

There are two issues and I'm not sure I can separate them. These problem occur when printing from an iPad.

Problem 1 is that regardless of what I set up in the print dialog box the printer seems to insist on printing from the rear tray. If the rear tray is empty it thinks it's out of paper. If the rear tray is closed it wants it opened and full of paper. The symptom here is an Error 1000 dialog that prompts me to load paper in the rear tray. This happens even if the Main Tray is explicitly set in the print dialog on the iPad.

Problem 2 is that it doesn't seem to want to print double sided from the iPad. The printer is set to print double sided by default in the eco-settings and the print dialog is set to double sided but it will always print single sided. The second page is 'upside down' in relation to the first, so I think it's trying to print double sided. Perhaps only single sided printing is possible from the rear tray?

The iPads are 7th and 9th generation (fairly recent) running iOs 17.1.1 and 17.1.2 respectively. The odd printing behavior is happening in Safari and Chrome.

This is a new printer bought on Black Friday.

I have printed from the rear tray once to print labels but the printer has had trouble printing from the main tray ever since.

The printer will print as expected, from the proper tray and double sided when printing from the desktop, also a Mac.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on this type of issue,  I recommend you reach out to Canon support. Our team will be able to assist you in real time with this matter. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you

click here to view the gallery
Announcements