I tried to scan by IJ Scan Ultility but it kept showing "printer is in use or an error has occured. check status. Scanner Driver will close. Code 2,140,3" I was not printing or doing any other tasks with the printer at that time. I even followed the instructions to restart the computer, restarted the printer, removed and reinstalled the MP Driver but it still had the same issue.
I exchanged the printer and it still have the same issue. Even when i scanned with my phone. What has happened with cannon printers? the printing function is ok, but the scanning function does not work. please help.
Please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon TR7000 series and left click on Remove device.
5. Repeat until all TR7000's are removed.
6. Click Close to close that window.
7. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
8. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
9. Click once on "Canon TR7000 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
10. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
11. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Software & Drivers link.
3. Click the Download button to the right of "TR7000/TS7400 series MP Driver Ver.1.02 (Windows)".
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "md__-win-tr7000_ts7400-1_02-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.
Once the installation has completed, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Windows Start button.
2. Click on the Canon Utilities folder.
3. Click on the IJ Scan Utility.
4. Once the IJ Scan Utility opens, please click the PHOTO button on the IJ Scan Utility.
Are you able to scan?
More information regarding the IJ Scan Utility can be viewed here: