cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4722 not communicating with new ink cartridges

Firespooks
Contributor

I recently replaced my original ink cartridges with the ones that Cannon sent me . They are numbers CL-276 PPP and PG-275 PPP.  Now I keep getting the message “ printer not communicating with ink cartridges. Plus the error code 1651. No matter what I try , I cannot get my printer to work. It says that I’m online. Please someone help. Thank you Stephen. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Firespooks,

The PPP inks are used when enrolled in the PIXMA Print Plan.

The error that you are experiencing is caused by using the PPP inks and not enrolled in that program.  To resolve this issue, please either re-enroll in the PIXMA Print Plan or purchase new ink cartridges for use with your TR4722.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response. I did finally figure it out and I purchased 2 new ink cartridges from Amazon without the suffix PPP. That did the trick ! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Firespooks,

The PPP inks are used when enrolled in the PIXMA Print Plan.

The error that you are experiencing is caused by using the PPP inks and not enrolled in that program.  To resolve this issue, please either re-enroll in the PIXMA Print Plan or purchase new ink cartridges for use with your TR4722.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your response. I did finally figure it out and I purchased 2 new ink cartridges from Amazon without the suffix PPP. That did the trick ! 

Canon needs to include the differences between the 2 style of cartridges in the operating instructions. It makes the cartridge replacement REALLY frustrating! 

Announcements