cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4527 I have 2 AIO Canon printers but can only scan from 1

jpaul_johnson
Apprentice

I have a Canon Image Plus MF726CDW and a Pixma PR4527.  I installed the MF726 first and can print and scan well.  I also installed the scan utility.  The Pixma was installed a day later and I cannot scan from it at all, but they both print.  Windows 7 PC with 8GB RAM and lots of HDD space.

Should I remove and reinstall the Scan Utility?  Or is there some black magic anyone knows about?  My helper likes the PR4527 and wants to use that one.  I see no reason why she can't choose.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, jpaul_johnson!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  To date, Canon USA hasn't released a printer with the letters "PR" in its name.  Could you please double-check the model number?  It should appear on the front or top of the unit. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

You're right, of course.  It's a TR4527.  Can't type.

FWIW, I removed all the software and printers, then installed the TR4527 first cuz it's much older.  I installed the full software package and tested the scan.  Working.  Then I installed the MF726 and was prompted to install the appropriate Scan Utility on first scan attempt, which I did. 

The MF726 works fine from the printer or the computer.  The TR4527 will only scan from the computer.  Not at the printer.

I'm thinking the Scan Selector Utility is not actually going to find the older printer, but I can live with it.

Thank you for the attention you've given me and your availability.   I really appreciate having an expert to turn to even if it appears it might be unneeded this time.  Thanks.

Announcements