cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX920: Error Code 1611

Bewildered7
Apprentice

Unit: Canon Pixma MX920 All-in-One
I'd read where someone else had this exact same problem -but- there was no response/reply or any type of solution!!
I am using Canon replacement cartridges.  I'd not ever had this code before, and it initially started with the Cyan ink cartridge -- and, keeps happening, altho' I've replaced the cartridge mulitiple times, to no avail!!  >> Error code 1611 .. and it keeps telling me there is an issue with one of my cartridges, but now it changes which cartridge is having an issue each time -- but wavers between the Cyan and the one immediately next to it.  I've removed and carefully replaced each assuring it 'snaps/clicks' into proper place, and the blinking would stop. However,  assuming the issue was resolved -- it immediately resurfaces once I try to resume printing! That said, now it no linger blinks, but still indicates 'an issue' -- but there no resolution whatsoever!!! Any ability to print is nill, and I am at my witts end ! ! !

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bewildered7,

Canon USA does not recommend the use of inks manufactured by third parties in Canon printers.

Canon genuine inks are formulated specifically for use in our ultra-precise print head. Our print head and inks work together as a precisely engineered system to support optimum image quality, print speed and reliability in higher resolution text and color printing applications.

Canon supplies and accessories can be purchased online at http://shop.usa.canon.com/, or by calling 1-800-385-2155 to speak to a Canon Direct Representative.

Should you decide to use inks manufactured by third parties in your Canon printer, and such inks cause damage to your product, this damage will not be covered under the product's limited warranty. Any repairs required as a result of such damage must be made at your expense.

To resolve the error that you are experiencing, please either use genuine Canon ink tanks or you may contact the manufacturer of the ink tanks you are using for assistance with using their ink.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements