cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX532

thestolles
Apprentice

During the printing process of my brandnew MX532, when the sheet is coming out step by step, close to the end of the sheet the printer is going backwards for a short moment, after this the printer runs forward again and finish the print. The printout is ok, the printer has no code.

Is the printer defective and needs to be replaced? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi thestolles,

The process that you described is normal for the PIXMA MX532.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi thestolles,

The process that you described is normal for the PIXMA MX532.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your information.

New printer today - VERY frustrated with set up!  Wasted hours - trying to connect to iMac with software 10.15.2 and will NOT open downloaded file from Canon website.  Finally have working with Mac & phones & ipads BUT will not bring up SCAN 

option on printer on System Preferences (like old HP Printer did)

On websites shows it should be displaying PRINT / SCAN options but does not.  And when I try to work around it, printer

will not recognize I have wireless system and only wants to scan to USB.  Says follow instructions on PC, but won't show any 

instructions as MAC not recognizing printer has SCAN capabilities.

HELP!

Hi bobenme,

What is the model of Canon printer that you own?

You are using it wirelessly with your mobile devices, but are you using it wirelessly with your Mac as well?   Or with USB?

Thanks for responding. We purchased mx532 and are using it to PRINT wirelessly on Mac & iPhones & iPads successfully.

However I must have Scanning capabilities and right now don't have that.

Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

On the page that loads, please download and install the ICA Driver.

Once complete, please click on the Software tab and then download and install the IJ Scan Utility.

You can use the IJ Scan Utility to scan with your PIXMA MX532.  To access this, click once on the Desktop so that Finder appears in the upper left corner.  To the right of Finder, click on GO and then Applications.  In Applications, click on the Canon Utilities folder, the IJ Scan Utility folder and then the IJ Scan Utility to open that program.

No this doesn’t work. After I did the ICA download and go to Applications, the only new thing showing is CanonIJscanner14s.app
And when I click on that nothing happens!
I never get to a Canon Utilities Folder.

Hi bobenme,

Once hte ICA driver was installed, did you also install the IJ Scan Utility?

If not, please return to the downloads page and click on the Software tab to download the IJ Scan Utility.

When the IJ Scan Utility is installed, you can scan by using this utility.  It will be located in the Canon utilities folder in Applicaitons.

Announcements