cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX479 printer is connected to network but network will not recognize printer

cc52
Apprentice

I replaced my HP wireless printer with a CANON PIXMA MX479 printer.  It is connected to my network and installed on my computer, however the network will not recognze the printer, thus my printer will not repsond to my computer and I cannot print

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Hi Cc52!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

My computer is a Toshiba Laptop and I have  Windows 8.0, 64 bit operating system.  I used the push button method originally to setup printer and it found my network and was connected, but after everything didnt communicate I went to other settings and setup again.   According to the network configuration page:

the wireless Lan is enabled and connection is active.  

the WEP key ength is inactive (but I did enter my WEB security passcode
TCP/IP version is IPv4 & IPv6

Wireless LAN DRX  is disabled
IP Address Filtering is Disabled

Does this help?

Announcements