cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6821 Error Message B203

jschade51
Apprentice

My print head stops on the left, and I get a support code B203. "Printer needs repair."  It was purchased in 2016 but not used very much. First, a piece of paper jammed and I removed it, all in one piece. It printed again but after a page or 2, it stopped printing in the middle of a page.  Is there anything I can check? Can it be repaired? 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The Canon knowledge base states contact Canon to have the machine repaired. (Error B203). 

This is unlikely to change, but you may try the following.  Remove the printer cartridges and printhead.  Unplug the printer from power.  Inspect the paper feed and rollers for any debris.  Now inspect the printhead and clean the contacts if dirty.  Reseat the printhead and re-install the cartrodges.  Now reconnect to power to see if the error clears.

If not, there is nothing more you can do, contact Canon or replace the printer.    

1. Warranty Service – If you are within the 1-year manufacturer’s warranty and have your proof of purchase you are entitled to service or replacement. If you have purchased a CarePak Canon extended warranty, you may be entitled to additional options.  Please create or log into your Canon Account to obtain service.

2. Out of Warranty – If you are outside of your warranty period, you do qualify for a replacement through the Canon Upgrade Program. Please contact our Sales group to inquire about your upgrade options at 866-443-8002.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements