cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 print looks faded

mawhalen
Apprentice

I purchased a Canon Pixma G7020 and set it up today. The setup and instructions were flawless. However, printing looks faded. The colors are not vibrant at all. Black prints gray and other prints are very faded. I tried a CMYK calibration PDF page and it looks pretty ok, black is still a bit faded. 

How to troubleshoot?

Mauri

6 REPLIES 6

mawhalen
Apprentice

I'm running Windows 11 and mostly printing from MS Word or Powerpoint. 

If printing on plain paper, you must remove borderless printing from the driver

Thanks for the reply, it already has borderless selected. If there is a different way to configure the driver, please let me know. I was checking out the device manager but see no options.

mawhalen_1-1702001427409.png

Software - Print - Printer Properties - Remove“ Borderless printing”

2023-12-08 101715.jpg

I do not have Borderless Printing checked. I cleaned the nozzle and helped a bit. The colors do not compare to the vibrant colors of my old HP which finally quit working so decided to try something new with the Canon. I'll do some color comparisons when I find a printer to compare but not sold on this yet. 

moorandr
Apprentice

I have the same issue. Borderless printing causes anything printed to be dull and faded. Sadly Canon has not fixed the issue, and now I feel like I wasted my money on a printer I can't use for my purposes.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements